Welding is a career choice that puts forth potential hazards to welders. The number of injuries that occurs while people are on the job in this profession is very high. safety concern is a must in all fields especially in welding industry because welders spend a lot of time around machineries that could be incredibly hazardous. In order to prevent from these dangers it is a must that the welder is provisioned with safety supplies that are of good quality.
Welders work on industrial plants thus their exposure to machineries are very open and it can sometimes act as a hard facing factor. These hardcore factors can sometimes be life-jolting and causes irritation of the eyes, nose, respiratory system and sometimes even cause skin allergies. Hence complete protection is a must. Some of the fundamentals of safe welding are:
- Having a good fitting welding helmet with the proper shade lens.
- Should wear appropriate leather welding gloves designed for welding.
- Clothes made of pure cotton specially designed for welding.
- Leather boots that are high enough for your pants to go beyond them.
- Make sure you have a safe work area with good exposure to air and nothing combustible or explosive nearby.
Because of the dangers associated with welding, there are some precautions that need to be followed in order to create a safe environment in which welding can be performed.